The right tool (in this case a spoon) is key to making every job in life easier!
What to do:
1. Slice off a small piece from both ends of the kiwi.
2. Using a tablespoon, insert it between the skin and the flesh of the kiwi.
3. Spin the spoon around the kiwi removing all the skin! You’re left with the perfect kiwi cylinder!
4. Slice and use!
The last thing you need is a dull pair of scissors when you’re crafting the perfect Oscar Party streamer! Here’s a tip for a quick scissor sharpen until you can get them to a proper sharpener. Like Leo’s performance in The Revenant, it’s kind of amazing!
If you’ve ever worn a filthy apron behind a diner counter or served the last Irish Coffee at closing time you probably already knew this cleaning hack. But did you know you could get a workout while you cleaned too?
What you need:
Coarse Salt (yes, the Maldon is a bit bougie. You can use whatever you have)
Your recipe calls for half a lemon…what do you do with the other half? Here are my three favorite uses!
1. ZING!! Squeeze over fresh salad greens for a quick non-oil based “dressing” finish with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
2. BRIGHTEN!! Run your fingers inside the lemon to brighten your nails. Lemon is a natural bleaching agent and can effectively clean off yellow stains from your nails. Plus, lemon juice also works as an astringent.
3. FRESHEN!! Add a fresh lemon scent to your garbage disposal by squeezing the juice from the lemon into it and dropping the peel down in before turning on (with water running!).
There are so many uses for lemons outside of a citrus chicken recipe! These are just a few of my favorites!
I’ve been reheating pizza like this for years. Every time someone sees me do it…and eats it, they are amazed. And, I’m amazed at their ridiculous amazement.
I didn’t think it was any big revelation but I guess I was wrong when my friend Mitch begged me to do a little video about it. So here goes. It’s simple. The only thing you need is a SMOKING HOT CAST IRON PAN. I used a griddle/grill pan from Lodge only because this pizza slice was huge. A skillet will work too, but it has to be cast iron. Get the pan good and hot and drop on the za. Only a couple of minutes later you have a crispy charred crust on the bottom (like a pizza oven) and hot melted cheese, sauce and toppings. Just be careful (as seen in the video), because this za is HOT.
Take 15 seconds, listen to Dino and just think about all the hot crispy pizza you’ve been missing.
Keep checking back all week. I’ll be sharing lots of fun things and a great recipes…all PIZZA INSPIRED. #afoodinspiredlife