By Libbie Summers
Assisted by David Dempsey
Production Assistant: Anthony Lunsmann
Photography by Teresa Earnest Photography
Black licorice and a vintage fashion magazine were the inspiration for these chic, sweet and silly holiday tree ornaments!
DIY Vintage Fashion Ornaments
serves 1 dozen adorable & cheeky tree ornaments
What you need:
1 dozen tin shape ornaments from Michaels
1 yard fabric (I choose pink gingham)
1 vintage woman’s fashion magazine
1 handful of your favorite yarn
1 pair scissors,
1 hot glue gun
1 glue stick
What to do:
1. Cover Ornament: With fabric flat on a surface, trace the tin shape onto the fabric. Cut out shape and glue to tin, make sure to cut off excess fabric that may hang over.
2. Yarn Border: Using your glue gun, glue around the boarder of the shape and firmly press yarn outlining the shape. Be careful as the glue will be hot.
3. Cut Out Cheeky Image: Find a fun image and cleanly cut out. I encourage you to find something funny or meaningful.
4. Glue Image: Take a glue stick and glue the back of the image onto the fabric
5. Embellish: Attach a mini pom pom or extra yarn to spice it to taste!
Hang, and enjoy!
No comments yet. You should be kind and add one!