By Libbie Summers
Assisted by Candace Brower
Three cheers for the red white and blue!!! I love this simple DIY reusing, upcycling an old navy uniform into a fun chic jacket. Some basic sewing skills are required. Really.
1. Cut down the middle of the jacket
2. Cut two strips of heavy ribbon18″ long
3. Turn the edges of the cut seams under twice. Iron and pin the seam down.
4. Pin one half of the ribbon the same distance down each half of the jacket. I like right where the pointed part of the yoke meats the front.
5. Sew a straight stitch along the pinned edge.
Wear with pride. So cute and fun and warm and cool all at the same time.