By Libbie Summers
Assisted by Candace Brower
1 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons butter, melted plus more for greasing pan
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
2 cups fresh blueberries (or frozen and thawed)
Juice from 2 lemons (about 2 tablespoons)
2 teaspoons powdered unflavored gelatin
16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, plus more for garnish
1. Preheat oven and coat a 9″ glass pie pan with butter.
2. Make Crust: In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and thyme. Press into the pie pan and bake for 10 minutes. Set aside.
3. Start Filling: Add 1 1/2 cups blueberry to the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a microwaveable bowl and stir in lemon juice. Sprinkle gelatin over and let sit 10 minutes. Microwave for 10 seconds to dissolve the gelatin then transfer to the bowl of a standing mixer (or use a hand mixer). I know…a lot of bowls and equipment, but you’ll love it in the end.
4. Finish Filling: Add cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk to the blueberries and beat until smooth. Fold in thyme.
5. Finish Pie: Pour filling into the pre-baked pie crust. Garnish the top with the remaining blueberries and thyme leaves. Cover and chill until set (I usually let it set overnight).