By Libbie Summers
Assisted by Candace Brower
It’s a cheesecake crossed with an old fashioned ice box pie.
Blueberry Thyme Refrigerator Pie
(fresh berries, cream cheese, thyme, graham cracker crust)
Serves: 10 (super rich)
1 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons butter, melted plus more for greasing pan
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
2 cups fresh blueberries (or frozen and thawed)
Juice from 2 lemons (about 2 tablespoons)
2 teaspoons powdered unflavored gelatin
16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, plus more for garnish
1. Preheat oven and coat a 9″ glass pie pan with butter.
2. Make Crust: In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and thyme. Press into the pie pan and bake for 10 minutes. Set aside.
3. Start Filling: Add 1 1/2 cups blueberry to the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a microwaveable bowl and stir in lemon juice. Sprinkle gelatin over and let sit 10 minutes. Microwave for 10 seconds to dissolve the gelatin then transfer to the bowl of a standing mixer (or use a hand mixer). I know…a lot of bowls and equipment, but you’ll love it in the end.
4. Finish Filling: Add cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk to the blueberries and beat until smooth. Fold in thyme.
5. Finish Pie: Pour filling into the pre-baked pie crust. Garnish the top with the remaining blueberries and thyme leaves. Cover and chill until set (I usually let it set overnight).
No comments yet. You should be kind and add one!