By Libbie Summers
French Country Fig Tart
What you need:
20 small or 8 large fresh figs, divided (stems cut and figs halved or quartered depending on their size)
1 cup pecan halves (I, of course use fresh Georgia pecans)
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 egg white
Juice and zest of one large juicy orange
Vanilla ice cream (optional)
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 375º F. Prepare a 8-9 inch pie tin with non-stick baking spray or butter. Set aside.
2. Prepare Batter: In a food processor fitted with a blade, add nuts and process until fine (scraping down sides of bowl as needed). Add flour and sugar and pulse just until combined. Add egg white, egg, juice and zest and pulse until combined.
3. Finish Batter: In a medium mixing bowl, add batter and ALL BUT 12 of the small fig halves (6 if you are using large figs).
Fold together thoroughly.
4. Finish Tart: Pour batter into prepared pan and use remaining figs to decorate the top.
5. Bake: Place tart pan on baking sheet and bake until golden brown (about 40 minutes).