By Libbie Summers
Assisted by David Dempsey
When you forgot where you sat your PSL and find it an hour later…whipped cream deflated and cold. You don’t try and heat it up, or pour it over ice. What you do is make this little donut muffin popper. After trying one, you may never DRINK your PSL again.
Pumpkin Spice Latté Donut Muffins
makes 2 dozen mini muffins
What you need:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cup sugar (I use vanilla infused sugar), divided
1 1/4 cup melted butter, divided
1/2 cup cooled Pumpkin Spice Latté
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 375º. Coat a mini muffin pan with non-stick baking spray and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Stir in 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup melted butter and cooled latté just until combined.
4. Fill the prepared muffin cups half full with batter and bake just until done (about 15 minutes).
5. While muffins are baking, whisk together the remaining sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice in a medium mixing bowl. Place remaining melted butter in a bowl.
6. While muffins are still warm, roll in butter and then roll in the spiced sugar mixture until fully coated. Serve immediately or not…they really are great three days later!
For more fun, watch the VIDEO on making the muffins and turn the volume up!!
No comments yet. You should be kind and add one!