By Libbie Summers
Assisted by David Dempsey
Photography by Teresa Earnest
Love and Trust.
Wisdom and Age.
Success and Motivation.
Butch and Sundance.
Flotsam and Jetsam.
Rice Crispy Treats and Ice Cream.
Rice Crispy Ice Cream Cones
What you need:
6 cups crispy rice cereal
1/4 cup butter, plus more for buttering pan
1 (10 ounce) bag strawberry marshmallows or plain
6 sugar ice cream cones
6 large scoops of your favorite ice cream.
What to do:
1. Butter a 1/2 baking sheet and set aside.
2. Add the crispy rice cereal to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
3. In a 2 quart sauce pan over LOW heat, melt the butter and the marshmallows, stirring occassionally
4. Add marshmallow mixture to cereal and stir to coat.
5. Spread mixture into the prepared baking sheet. Butter your hands and use them to press the mixture into a thin layer in the pan.
6. Cool completely.
7. Cut into large triangles and press around ice cream cones to cover.
9. Remove ice cream cone (it should slip out easily) and add a scoop of your favorite ice cream!