I was honored to share a simple and deliciously delightful Fall recipe with the wonderful women at Best Friends for Frosting. This Pumpkin Seed Pesto is so fast and fabulous you don’t need to keep any in your fridge –just make it to order!
Pumpkin Seed Pesto Pasta with Prosciutto Ribbons
(all that is good and holy wrapped around a fork)
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
½ cup raw pumpkin seeds
½ cup chopped cilantro plus a few leaves for garnish
1 garlic clove
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 pound thin spaghetti
Juice from 1/2 lemon
12 thinly sliced pieces of prosciutto
1. Add 2 teaspoons of the olive oil and the pumpkin seeds to a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
2. Cook, stirring frequently, until the seeds are just beginning to brown (about 2 minutes).
3. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. Once cool, add the toasted seeds, cilantro, garlic and remaining olive oil to a blender and process until just less than smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add the pasta to a large pot of salted boiling water and cook until al dente. Drain (reserving 1 cup of the pasta water) and return to the pot. Add the pesto and just enough of the pasta water to coat the pasta with a nice sauce. Stir in lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste.
To Serve: Divide pasta between bowls. Top each with 3 pieces of prosciutto and garnish with cilantro leaves.
Still thinking about pumpkins? Check out my other recipes!
•Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
•Coconut Pumpkin Soup with Sweet and Vicious Pumpkin Seeds
•Salty Pumpkin Spice Cake