By Libbie Summers
Assisted by Candace Brower
Photography by Teresa Earnest
This watermelon gift wrapping paper is perfect for wrapping up summer gifts! I’m obsessed with how easy it is to make.
What you need:
Butcher paper (waxed on one side)
Watermelon colored craft paint (I like to mix three colors: pink, light pink and red)
Flat tipped paint brush (1/2 to 1-inch)
Paper plate and water
Thick dark green sharpie marker
Thick light green sharpie marker
Black sharpie marker
What to do:
1. Roll out paper (wax side down) onto a flat surface.
2. Mix the Paint: Squirt paint onto paper plate (2 parts pink, 1 part light pink, 1 part red) add a little water and mix with the brush.
3. Paint the Watermelon Flesh: Paint half circles all over paper in various sizes and going different directions. Allow to dry.
4. Paint the Watermelon Rind: Using the flat side of the dark green marker, draw a green line 1/2-inch away following the curve side of the watermelon slice. Using the flat side of the light green marker, draw a line on the inside of the dark green line. There will be a white space between the light green and the watermelon flesh.
5. Paint the Watermelon Seeds: Using the tip of the black marker draw teardrop shapes along the flat side of the watermelon flesh. I usually do two rows.