By Libbie Summers
Assisted by David Dempsey
“But how do you cover an entire cake with sprinkles Libbie?” –so many people.
It’s really quite easy…you just have to know a couple of tricks!
How to Cover A Cake With Sprinkles
1. Build your layer cake on a cardboard cake round that is the diameter of your cake. Cut a second cardboard cake round smaller than the first and set aside.
2. Crumb coat the outside of your layer cake and place in the refrigerator until firm.
3. Pour your sprinkles (I ALWAYS use Yum Yum Smile Shop Sprinkle Mixes natch!) out onto a baking sheet. (a 9-inch 3 layer cake will take about a cup of sprinkles)
4. Remove cake from refrigerator (it should be firm) and add a thin coat of frosting to the sides.
5. Place the smaller cake round on the top of the cake. (so now you have a small cake round on the top and a large one on the bottom)
6. Holding the cake sideways with one hand on the bottom cake round and one hand on the top smaller cake round, roll the cake in the sprinkles.
7. Remove top cake round and add a light layer of frosting to the top of the cake.
8. Add sprinkles by hand to the top of the cake.
9. Don’t forget a cake topper!
No comments yet. You should be kind and add one!