By Libbie Summers
Assisted by Candace Brower
I’ve been making these pineapple flowers for years and they never get old or fail to slay! Try using them as a gorgeous and organic way to decorate cakes, cupcakes, drinks…or just top on a bowl of cut fruit for some fun flower power!
Dried Pineapple Flowers
1. Preheat oven to 225ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Using a super sharp knife, cut crown off of pineapple and slice down the sides staying as close to the skin as you can.
3. Use a spoon or small melon baller to scoop out all of the brown spots on the pineapple.
4. Thinly slice (I’m talking paper thin…this is why you need a super sharp knife) the pineapple. You should be able to see your knife through the pineapple. Place slices on the baking sheet without touching.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes turning halfway through.
6. Place slices in the muffin tin and allow to dry overnight.
7. Use to decorate cakes, cupcakes, drinks or anything that needs a little fun flower power.
No comments yet. You should be kind and add one!